Last week I was filled with deep gratitude when I completed my Professional Coach Training and certified as an Integral Coach. It has been an amazing two-year journey of learning and re-discovering. Looking back I know that it was the best investment I could have made in/for myself. I was reminded again (as I often am with coaching clients) of the value of making time for personal development.
The past week I reflected on the following question:
Why do we enrol in personal development workshops or coaching processes?
One of the main reasons is to learn new skills. So, why do we need more skills?
Below is a list of ten reasons that came to mind.
We develop new skills to build our capacity to:
- stay in the discomfort instead of running away from it.
- meet the challenges that life gives us and turn it into opportunities for growth.
- have the courage to step into the uncertainty even though we are afraid.
- lean more into who we are and have been all along.
- trust and love ourselves more.
- change in order for new possibilities to unfold.
- serve others in a compassionate way
- deepen our relationships with others (at home and at work).
- connect in a meaningful way with life.
- not escape life but to learn how to engage with life.
Learning: We develop skills not to escape life but to learn how to engage with life.
Healing question: How can I embody the skills I learn in order to connect in a more meaningful way with others and life?