We only have one life to live. What inspires you to make the most of it and live it to the fullest?
To be inspired is a key factor in creating or doing something new. Whether you are creating a piece of art or want to be a better person we all need inspiration. The source of inspiration may differ per person.
The Oxford Learner’s Dictionary defines
- inspiration as: the process that takes place when somebody sees or hears something that causes them to have exciting new ideas or makes them want to create something.
- inspire as: to give somebody the desire, confidence or enthusiasm to do something well.
Life is full of inspiration. Numerous things in life inspire me of which some are:
- Nature, beautiful spaces, landscapes, animals…
- The arts, music, poetry, films, language, books…
- People that show commitment and against all the odds achieve their goal whilst remaining true to who they are.
- People that are passionate and believe in their dreams.
I draw from different sources depending on the type of inspiration I seek. The following poem by Mary Oliver inspired me to write this blog. I hope that it will inspire you today:
When it’s over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.
When it’s over, I don’t want to wonder
If I have made of my life something particular, and real,
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.
I don’t want to end up simply having visited the world.
Healing question: What inspires me? How can I be an inspiration to others?
Learning: When we open ourselves to be inspired by life our life can inspire others to do the same.